torsdag den 3. november 2011

Dear Jessica Westhead

We have read some of your short stories and if you don’t mind we would like to ask you some questions
1.       What do you like about writing?
2.       Why did you start to write in the first place?
3.       What is your intention with the book “And Also Sharks” and who is your target audience?
4.       How do you get inspiration for your short stories and the main characters?  Have you observed someone for inspiration?
5.       Why have you chosen this style of writing? Are there any specific reasons for that?
6.       Why have you chosen to focus on people with a lack of social competences and low self-esteem? Do you think it’s an overlooked problem?
7.       In your story “The Only One” you write about the relationship between Fofi and Gloria. Fofi seems to be submissive towards Gloria. Why and where did you get the idea to describe such a relationship?
8.       Who is your favorite author?
9.       What kind of stories did you read when you were 18-20 years old?
10.   How long did it take you to write “And also sharks”?
11.   What is your next project as an author?
12.   What inspired you to become a writer?
13.   Do any of your stories come from personal experiences?

1 kommentar:

  1. Dear Students,

    I received your questions about And Also Sharks today, thank you! I have started to think about my answers, and I will record them on YouTube next week.

    Also, I wanted to say how excited I am by your discussion of my stories. You all have such wonderful insights! It makes me very happy to see how you are connecting with my book, and understanding my intentions so well, and having your own great ideas about my characters.

    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!

    All best wishes,
    Jessica

    SvarSlet